Join ESSA Scholars
The ESSA Graduate Scholars Network provides ASU graduate students with the opportunity to engage in immersive, interdisciplinary, and identity-based team research projects in earth systems science; to learn to apply their core disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge to actionable science-based societal problems needing new solutions; to learn to communicate effectively with decision-makers, policymakers, and community leaders about wicked problems needing complex solutions; to develop the skills necessary for careers in academic, public, private and nonprofit sectors; and to be a part of the coproduction of knowledge in the emerging science of the earth system.
Find out more about our programs check out our Linktree
- ESSA Reading and Reflection Seminar (RRS)
- Immersive, Interdisciplinary, Identity-based Team Science Experiences (IIITSE)
- Mutually Enriching Mentorships(MEM)
Be a part of the ESSA Graduate Scholars Network—We are looking for motivated graduate students:
- In natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, technology, business, or law fields,
- Who want to enhance their core disciplinary studies with a transformative knowledge, skills, and career-building experience in the transdisciplinary field of earth system science,
- Who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and who have communicated with their current advisor about the ESSA initiative.
Our networked mentoring model is designed to provide multiple avenues of support to students from a variety of life perspectives and backgrounds. ESSA team-building activities, a strong cyber structure and community, and co-location of trainees in a dedicated campus space build feelings of belonging. We embrace holistic approaches and university support for health and wellbeing, such as ASU Counseling Services, the ASU Counselor Training Center, and the LiveWell@ASU wellness program.
Getting involved is simple…
We are happy to discuss your interest in getting involved with the Earth System Science for the Anthropocene Graduate Scholar Network!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the network.
In order to apply for any ESSA-related funding, you must first complete the ESSA scholar registration form here: