- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Associate Professor, School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Dr. Syrotiuk earned her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo (Canada) in 1992. She took her first tenure track position in 1999 at the University of Texas at Dallas. In 2002, she joined Arizona State University where she is now an Associate Professor of Computer Science and Engineering. Her research interests are in mobile wireless ad hoc and sensor networks, with a focus on medium access control (MAC) and network layer issues. This includes robust optimization to changing network conditions, energy-aware protocols, and protocols for emerging technologies. Her work has been funded by NSF, DARPA, LANL, Raytheon, General Dynamics, and DSTO (Australia).
- PhD, Computer Science, University of Waterloo, 1992
- MS, Computer Science, University of British Columbia, 1984
- BS, Computer Science, University of Alberta, 1983