Director, McDowell Sonoran Field Institute, McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
McDowell Sonoran Field Institute
McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
16435 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Senior Sustainability Fellow, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Director, McDowell Sonoran Field Institute, McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
Helen Rowe is the Field Institute Director of the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy and a Senior Sustainability Fellow at the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability at Arizona State University.
The McDowell Sonoran Field Institute is the research center of the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy. Our mission is to study the environment of the McDowell Sonoran Preserve as well as the human history and human impacts on the Preserve. We do this by partnering with scientists and actively involving volunteers in research as citizen scientists. We use research results for long-term resource management, education, and to contribute to the broader scientific knowledge of natural areas.
- PhD, Ecology, Colorado State University, 2006
- Short Course, Techniques in Arbuscular Mycorrhiza Research, University of York, 2005
- MS, Rangeland Ecosystem Science, Colorado State University, 2000
- BA, Integrated Sustainable Socioeconomic Development, University of Colorado-Boulder, 1992
Paine, G., V. S. Berisha, H. Rowe, K. Hoefer, A. P. Singh, S. Puranam, S. M. Feisst and S. J. Hall. 2018. EcoSonics – Psychoacoustic diversity modeling for environmental management in McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Poster presented at the 20th Annual CAP LTER All Scientists Meeting and Poster Symposium, Jaunary 5, 2018, Skysong, Scottsdale, AZ. (link )
Stromberg, J. C., H. L. Bateman, E. Makings, N. Franz, H. Rowe, S. Beute, A. Suchy, D. Wolkis, B. Scott and R. DePuydt. 2012. Inventory and monitoring of the Salt River in Phoenix. Poster presented at 13 January 2012 CAP LTER 14th Annual Poster Symposium and All Scientist Meeting, Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. (link )