- Senior Sustainability Fellow, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Adjunct Faculty, School for the Future of Innovation in Society, College of Global Futures
Bruce Baikie is an information and communications technology (ICT) expert working in developing regions on solar systems, sustainable computing, wireless broadband networks, and local capacity building. He leverages extensive experience in the energy and telecom industries, including 17 years at Sun Microsystems as a telecoms industry expert, and a background in engineering and implementing solar powered ICT4D projects. He also served as Executive Director of Inveneo, a San Francisco-based social enterprise focused on connecting those who need it most, and doing so sustainably, both through utilizing solar energy, and training and partnering with local ICT entrepreneurs. Mr. Baikie has published numerous white papers and articles on green data center operations and solar power in ICT4D. He is adjunct faculty in ASU’s School for the Future of Innovation in Society, and is mentoring numerous student teams and capstones in the ASU Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- MS, Computer Science, Georgia Technological University
- BA, International Business, University of Wisconsin, 2005
- BS ME-EM, Michigan Technological Univeristy, 1982